“A wonderful pie brimming with apples and blackberries.”
Ingredients For Apple-Berry Pie
- 1 pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 teaspoons tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 cups apples – peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
How To Prepare Apple-Berry Pie
It takes 20 minutes to prepare, 50 minutes to cook & gets ready in 1 hour 10 minutes. It offers 8 servings.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). On a lightly floured surface, roll out one crust, and place in a 9 inch pie plate. Roll out top crust, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, tapioca, and cinnamon. Add blackberries and apple slices. Toss gently to coat without mashing the berries. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Spoon filling into pastry lined pan. Dot with butter. Moisten the edge of the pastry with water. Cover with top crust; trim and crimp edge. Cut a few slits in the top to allow steam to escape during baking. Cover edge with foil to prevent over-browning.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and continue baking for 20 to 25 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Cool on wire rack.