Butter Pecan Ice Cream
“Creamy homemade Butter Pecan Ice Cream! Excellent summertime treat!”
Ingredients For Butter Pecan Ice Cream
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How To Prepare Butter Pecan Ice Cream
It takes 10 minutes to prepare, 30 minutes to cook & gets ready in 2 hours 5 minutes. It offers 16 servings.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, cook pecans in butter until lightly browned and fragrant, stirring constantly, about 3 to 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs in a mixing bowl; set aside. Combine brown sugar and half and half in a saucepan and mix well. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; remove from heat. Gradually pour hot mixture into the eggs, whisking constantly. Return custard to saucepan and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture coats the back of a spoon (see Editor’s Note). Remove from heat and stir in cream, vanilla, and pecans.
- Pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturers’ directions.