Chicken and Waffles
“This Chicken and Waffles recipe has crunch, sweet and spicy, savory all in one.”
Ingredients for Chicken and Waffles
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 quart peanut oil for frying
- 8 chicken tenders
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 12 slices bacon
- 8 thin slices Cheddar cheese
- 8 plain frozen waffles
How To Prepare Chicken and Waffles
It takes 15 minutes to prepare, 30 minutes to cook & gets ready in 1 hour 5 minutes. It offers 4 servings.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, cayenne pepper, 1 tablespoon salt, and black pepper in a large bowl. In a paper bag, shake together the flour, cornstarch, and 1 tablespoon salt.
- Dip the chicken into the beaten egg mixture, then place into the flour mixture and shake to coat. Place the breaded chicken onto a wire rack; do not stack. Let the chicken rest for 20 minutes to allow the coating to set.
- Heat about 3 inches of oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In small batches, fry chicken 5 to 8 minutes until golden brown. Remove chicken, and drain on paper towels. Set aside or keep warm in a a low oven.
- Combine the mayonnaise, maple syrup, horseradish, and mustard powder in a medium bowl. Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate.
- To assemble the sandwiches: Place 4 waffles on a cookie sheet, top each waffle with 2 chicken tenders, 3 slices of bacon, and 2 slices of Cheddar. Broil the sandwich for a 3 to 5 minutes until the cheese melts. Spread 3 tablespoons of the maple mayonnaise on the remaining 4 waffles and place on top of the sandwich.