Citrus Wild Blueberry Sauce
“Made with wild blueberries, this Citrus Wild Blueberry Sauce adds a zing with lemon juice, orange juice, and lemon zest. Serve over waffles or pancakes.”
Ingredients For Citrus Wild Blueberry Sauce
- 2 cups frozen wild blueberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
How To Prepare Citrus Wild Blueberry Sauce
It takes 15 minutes to prepare, 10 minutes to cook & gets ready in 35 minutes. It offers 16 servings.
- Bring the blueberries, orange juice, and lemon juice to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the lemon zest and cinnamon; adjust heat to low setting.
- Whisk together the water and cornstarch until there are no lumps. Stir the cornstarch mixture and brown sugar into the blueberry mixture until thickened. Remove from heat and allow to rest for 10 minutes before using.