Coconut-Cream Cheese Frosting
“I wanted a frosting for a coconut layer cake that stood up to a stronger flavor without overpowering it and without being too sweet. If frosting a layer cake, I recommend spreading melted apricot preserves over the center layer, along with this Coconut-Cream Cheese Frosting.”
Ingredients For Coconut-Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted (optional)
How To Prepare Coconut-Cream Cheese Frosting
It takes 15 minutes to prepare & gets ready in 15 minutes. It offers 20 servings.
Beat the cream cheese and butter in a mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually add the confectioners’ sugar, one cup at a time, alternating with heavy cream. Beat in the salt, coconut flavoring, and vanilla extract. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and spreadable. Add additional confectioners’ sugar if necessary to thicken the frosting, or more cream to thin. Stir in the coconut. If desired, spoon toasted coconut evenly over frosted cake.