Grain and Nut Whole Wheat Pancake
“If you like Harvest Grain N’ Nut pancakes, I have the recipe for you. Nutty, moist and tasty pancakes! This is the BEST Whole Wheat Pancakes recipe I’ve tried, and I’ve tried many…”
Ingredients For Grain and Nut Whole Wheat Pancake
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts (optional)
How To Prepare Grain and Nut Whole Wheat Pancake
It takes 10 minutes to prepare, 20 minutes to cook & gets ready in 30 minutes. It offers 6 servings.
- Grind the oats in a blender or food processor until fine. In a large bowl, combine ground oats, whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, combine buttermilk, milk, oil, egg, and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Mix wet ingredients into dry with a few swift strokes. Stir in nuts, if desired.
- Lightly oil a skillet or griddle, and preheat it to medium heat. Ladle 1/3 cup of the batter onto the hot skillet; cook the pancakes for 2 to 4 minutes per side, or until brown.