“This Jennifer’s Granola recipe is fortified with wheat germ and flax seed that still tastes good.”
Ingredients For Jennifer’s Granola
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
How To Prepare Jennifer’s Granola
It takes 10 minutes to prepare, 1 hour to cook & gets ready in 1 hour 10 minutes. It offers 16 servings.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, wheat germ, flax seed meal, brown sugar, sunflower seeds, pecans, almonds, cinnamon and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, honey, vanilla and water. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry, and mix until evenly blended. Spread in a greased 9×13 or 11×7 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, stirring every 20 minutes, or until toasted. Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.