Plum Blueberry Cake
“This is a very pretty cake. Make sure to use black plums as they will turn pink when they bake and will look beautiful. The plums and blueberries can be replaced with peaches. You can also leave out the blueberries which makes a delicious plum cake! Enjoy!!!”
Ingredients For Plum Blueberry Cake
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 black plums, pitted and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup blueberries
How To Prepare Plum Blueberry Cake
It takes 30 minutes to prepare,40 minutes to cook & gets ready in 1 hour 10 minutes. It offers 12 servings.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch cake pan. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the prepared pan, combine 3 tablespoons margarine and brown sugar. Place pan inside the preheated oven until the margarine melts and begins to bubble. Set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the 1/3 cup margarine and 1 cup white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then stir in the vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated.
- Arrange plums around the edges of the prepared pan, overlapping slightly. Distribute the blueberries in the center. Pour batter into prepared pan, covering fruit completely. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool 15 minutes before serving.