Roasted Garlic Bean Dip
“This is a rich tasting bean dip or spread that uses nonfat sour cream. It’s great on veggies, pita, crackers, tortillas or just on a spoon. To use dry navy beans, soak them 8 hours, or overnight, then simmer them in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover for approximately 45 minutes, until soft. Enjoy!”
Ingredients For Roasted Garlic Bean Dip
- 4 medium heads garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/3 cup nonfat sour cream
How To Prepare Roasted Garlic Bean Dip
It takes 45 minutes to prepare, 45 minutes to cook & gets ready in 1 hour 30 minutes. It offers 16 servings.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Leaving the cloves intact, remove the outer skin from the garlic. Wrap heads in aluminum foil with 2 tablespoons olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Bake garlic approximately 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until the skins are easily removed.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir sweet onion with remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil until soft and lightly browned.
- Remove garlic cloves from their skin, and place in a blender or food processor with the sweet onion, navy beans, cumin and nonfat sour cream. Salt and pepper to taste. Blend to desired consistency. Refrigerate until serving. Serve at room temperature.