Sweet Potato Pecan Waffles
“These Sweet Potato Pecan Waffles are special treat in our house! Try substituting pumpkin puree or canned yam puree for the sweet potatoes for tasty variations. Top with warmed pecan syrup or our favorite, vanilla yogurt.”
Ingredients For Sweet Potato Pecan Waffles
- 1 cup canned sweet potato puree
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
How To Prepare Sweet Potato Pecan Waffles
It takes 20 minutes to prepare, 20 minutes to cook & gets ready in 40 minutes. It offers 6 servings.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, nutmeg, and 1/4 cup pecans.
- Mix sweet potato puree, egg yolks, and milk in a large bowl until well combined. Add flour mixture, and mix well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold 1/4 of the egg whites into batter. Lightly fold remaining whites and melted butter into the batter.
- Cook in a hot waffle iron. Garnish with more chopped pecans.