Puerto Rican Meat Patties
“These little parcels are made with seasoned ground meat sealed in egg roll wrappers; they are then deep fried. Serve with salsa and guacamole if desired, but plain they are a dream. This recipe was handed down from my grandfather to my mom, from her to me, and now I’m passing it on to you.”
Ingredients For Puerto Rican Meat Patties
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg roll wrappers
- 2 quarts vegetable oil for frying
How To Prepare Puerto Rican Meat Patties
It takes 15 minutes to prepare, 30 minutes to cook & gets ready in 45 minutes. It offers 8 servings.
- In a large, heavy saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped garlic, onions, and bell pepper; saute until soft.
- Add meat; cook and stir until browned. Drain off excess fat. Stir in tomato sauce and cilantro. Simmer until cilantro wilts. Remove from heat, and cool until mixture can be handled.
- Wrap 2 to 3 tablespoons of meat in an egg roll wrapper to form a triangle. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok or deep fry pan to 360 degrees F (168 degrees C). Fry patties in hot oil until golden brown. When done, transfer to plates lined with paper towels to drain.