Chocolate Pound Cake II Recipe
Do You like making Chocolate Cakes? Chocolate Pound Cake II is good warm, topped with butter, or just plain. You may want to use a glaze, but we like it plain.
Ingredients For Chocolate Pound Cake II
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 cups white sugar
- 5 egg whites
- 5 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
How to Prepare Chocolate Pound Cake II?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan.
- Sift together flour, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
- Cream margarine and shortening. Gradually add sugar while beating. Add egg yolks one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Add flour mixture alternately with milk. Add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Fold into cake batter.
- Pour into a greased and floured tube pan. Sprinkle nuts on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Do not over bake.
This Chocolate Pound Cake II Offers 14 Servings