Flourless Chocolate Cake II
Perfect for chocolate lovers! Great for entertaining, deceptively easy to make. Perfect for people who can’t have gluten. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream, or simply dusted with icing sugar. I flour the pan using cocoa powder so it won’t leave white marks on the cake and keeps it totally gluten-free.
Ingredients For Flourless Chocolate Cake II
- 4 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Prepare Flourless Chocolate Cake II?
It takes 15 minutes to prepare, cooks in 30 minutes and ready in 1 hour 55 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease an 8 inch round cake pan, and dust with cocoa powder.
- In the top of a double boiler over lightly simmering water, melt chocolate and butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, cocoa powder, eggs, and vanilla. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Slices can also be reheated for 20 to 30 seconds in the microwave before serving.