Gluten-Free Margherita Pizza
“A crust made of cauliflower makes for a delicious wheat-free pizza. It’s a healthy but tasty alternative to pizza!”
Ingredients For Gluten-Free Margherita Pizza
- 3 cups coarsely chopped cauliflower
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperoni (optional)
- 1/2 cup packed shredded Italian cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup small or torn fresh basil leaves
How To Prepare Gluten-Free Margherita Pizza
It takes 15 minutes to prepare, 25 minutes to cook & gets ready in 40 minutes. It offers 4 servings.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Grate cauliflower in a food processor.
- Put a steamer in a saucepan, add water to reach just below bottom, and bring to a boil. Add cauliflower and steam, covered, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a large plate, spreading it out. Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until cooled, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a smooth kitchen towel (not terry cloth), gather up towel ends, and twist, firmly squeezing out as much liquid as possible.
- Mix together egg, cheese, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Stir in cauliflower with a fork until evenly incorporated. Mound mixture in center of baking sheet; press and shape into a 12-inch round (about 1/4 inch thick).
- Bake until lightly browned, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Spread tomato sauce on crust and add pepperoni (if using), then sprinkle with Italian and parmesan cheeses. Bake until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 5 minutes. Scatter with basil.