Sangria by the Pros
“I found a good Sangria recipe and headed to the liquor store to purchase the alcohol. In line, ahead of me, was a man who said he has been a bartender for twenty years now, and that the recipe needed a few touch-ups if I wanted to make it like the Pros. So, here is what he professed to me, muchos thanks to the other submitters for their delicious versions.”
Ingredients For Sangria by the Pros
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1 medium all purpose apples, pared, cored and sliced
- 1 cup pitted cherries
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 3/4 cup brandy
- 1 (750 milliliter) bottle dry red wine
- 1 (12 ounce) can lemon-lime soda to taste
- 1 cup orange juice to taste
How To Prepare Sangria by the Pros
It takes 20 minutes to prepare, & gets ready in 2 hours 20 minutes. It offers 6 servings.
- Slice the orange, lemon, and lime into thin rounds. Place the citrus in a pitcher with the apples, cherries, and pineapple. Pour in the brandy and refrigerate for 2 hours of more. Chill the bottle of red wine, lemon-lime soda, and orange juice at the same time.
- Gently crush the fruits with a spoon, then stir in the red wine, lemon-lime soda, and orange juice. Add additional brandy or orange juice to taste.