“This is a rich, dark chocolate topping or decoration that has lots of uses. It can be whipped as filling or icing, or just poured over whatever cake you like. It takes 10 m to prepare, 10 m to cook and gets ready in 20 m. It offers 16 servings.
Ingredients For Chocolate Ganache
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate,
- chopped 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon dark rum (optional)
How to Prepare Chocolate Ganache?
- Place the chocolate into a medium bowl. Heat the cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil, watching very carefully because if it boils for a few seconds, it will boil out of the pot. When the cream has come to a boil, pour over the chopped chocolate, and whisk until smooth. Stir in the rum if desired.
- Allow the ganache to cool slightly before pouring over a cake. Start at the center of the cake and work outward. For a fluffy frosting or chocolate filling, allow it to cool until thick, then whip with a whisk until light and fluffy.