Gourmet Thai Chicken Pizza
“If you’re looking for a pizza that has a lot of flavor and is a little different from the rest, then this is an easy and delicious Gourmet Thai Chicken Pizza recipe to make that is sure to become a favorite. The carrot and cilantro dressed on top is a must.”
Ingredients For Gourmet Thai Chicken Pizza
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons brewed black tea
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 boneless chicken breast half, cooked and sliced into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 small fresh red chile pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
How To Prepare Gourmet Thai Chicken Pizza
It takes 40 minutes to prepare, 20 minutes to cook & gets ready in 2 hours. It offers 16 servings.
- Pour warm water into a small bowl; stir in honey until dissolved. Add the yeast, stirring until dissolved. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt. Add yeast mixture and olive oil; stir well to combine. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead in more flour until the dough is no longer sticky. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Punch down the risen dough on a floured surface. Divide into two equal portions. Allow the dough to relax for a minute, then roll each portion out into a thin circle. Place on lightly oiled pizza pans.
- To make the peanut sauce, place peanut butter, tea, rice vinegar, and soy sauce in a blender. Add chili oil, ginger, and honey; process until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, sesame seeds, paprika, chile peppers, salt, and 3 tablespoons of the peanut sauce. Mix until the chicken is evenly coated. Spread the remaining peanut sauce evenly over pizza dough. Top with chicken, green onions, and cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned. Garnish with carrots and cilantro.