Salted Caramel Sauce
“It may be blasphemy to say that hot fudge isn’t the ultimate warm ice cream topping, but after tasting this amazing salted caramel sauce, that’s exactly what I’m suggesting.”
Ingredients For Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup white sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, cut into slices
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 pinch sea salt to taste
How To Prepare Salted Caramel Sauce
It takes 5 minutes to prepare, 20 minutes to cook & gets ready in 25 minutes. It offers 8 servings.
- Place sugar in a heavy-bottomed saucepan set over medium-high heat. Stir continuously until sugar begins to melt. Continue stirring until the sugar melts completely, begins to darken and all the chunks are dissolved, about 10 minutes. Stop stirring and continue to cook until the sugar begins to smoke and turns a dark shade of amber, 3 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and wait 30 seconds.
- Whisk in butter until melted and combined. Slowly pour in 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon cream, taking care because it can bubble over. Sprinkle in salt and stir to combine. Transfer sauce to a jar and cool completely before refrigerating.