Super Delicate Chocolate Buttercream
This is a very delicate and rich chocolate buttercream. It’s good on Gateau Africaine, or any cake needing buttercream frosting.
Ingredients For Super Delicate Chocolate Buttercream
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Prepare Super Delicate Chocolate Buttercream?
- In the top of a double boiler, heat chocolate, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool to lukewarm.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and shortening until light and fluffy. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, cook sugar and water until sugar is dissolved.
- In a separate medium bowl, beat egg yolks on high speed until thick and lemon colored. Slowly pour in the hot sugar liquid, while beating at medium speed until soft and well mixed. Combine the yolk mixture with the butter mixture and continue to beat for 5 minutes.
- Beat in the rum and vanilla. Pour in the melted chocolate and beat until well mixed.