Vanilla Ice Cream VII
“Cooked custard version flavored with a whole vanilla bean. This Vanilla Ice Cream VII is a basic vanilla ice cream, anything can be added to it to change the flavor.”
Ingredients For Vanilla Ice Cream VII
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar, divided
- 10 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
How To Prepare Vanilla Ice Cream VII
It takes 20 minutes to cook & gets ready in 1 hour. It offers 16 servings.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine cream and milk. Place vanilla bean and scrapings in pot, and sprinkle with half the white sugar. Allow to just come to a boil.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks together with the remaining sugar and the vanilla extract in a bowl. When the cream is ready, pour a third of it into the egg mixture, and whisk. Pour egg mixture into remaining hot cream and return to the heat until mixture coats the back of a metal spoon. Do not boil.
- Strain custard and chill until cold. Then pour into the canister of an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.