“This is a very filling pizza that my husband loves. My mom and dad use to make it when I was young, and it was always a treat.”
Ingredients For Beer Pizza
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound pepperoni sausage, diced
- 1 pound bacon, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup beer
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 unbaked pizza crusts
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
How To Prepare Beer Pizza
It takes 20 minutes to prepare, 35 minutes to cook & gets ready in 55 minutes. It offers 16 servings.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the pepperoni and bacon until evenly browned. Mix in the mushrooms, onion, and green pepper. Cook and stir about 5 minutes, until tender.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix the ingredients from the skillet with the tomato sauce and beer. Season with garlic, oregano, thyme, and salt. Allow the mixture to simmer for about 15 minutes, until slightly thickened. Spread over the 2 pizza crusts, and top with cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown.