“These meatballs are a favorite for any occasion. I made 14 pounds of meatballs for my sister’s graduation party and I only had 1 medium container left over. My mother made sloppy joes and needless to say they had a lot left over because everyone loved these Famous Meatballs. Guaranteed favorite!”
Ingredients For Famous Meatballs
- 1 (13.25 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (3 pound) bag frozen cooked meatballs, thawed
How To Prepare Famous Meatballs
It takes 10 minutes to prepare, 2 hours 10 minutes to cook & gets ready in 2 hours 20 minutes. It offers 6 servings.
- Pour pineapple chunks with juice into a saucepan. Stir green bell pepper, brown sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce, and lemon juice through the pineapple chunks until sugar and cornstarch dissolve.
- Bring the mixture to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Place meatballs into slow cooker crock; pour pineapple mixture over meatballs.
- Cook on Medium for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.