Lina and Jens’ Delicious Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
“So… you are making hummus or some other dish with chickpeas and you are just wasting the chickpea water? How dare you! Didn’t you know it can form the basis of some the most delicious, light, and foamy Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream and mousses? I didn’t know either but since Lina told me about it I am never going to waste a drop of chickpea water again.”
Ingredients For Lina and Jens’ Delicious Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
- 7 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups aquafaba
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
How To Prepare Lina and Jens’ Delicious Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
It takes 15 minutes to prepare, 5 minutes to cook & gets ready in 8 hours 30 minutes. It offers 8 servings.
- Melt chocolate in top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching. Let cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Pour aquafaba into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Beat on high speed until fluffy and quadrupled in volume, about 1 minute. Add xanthan gum and beat for 30 seconds. Add confectioners’ sugar and vanilla sugar; continue beating until foam is firm and glossy, about 2 minutes more.
- Fold melted chocolate gently into whipped foam until thoroughly incorporated. Transfer to a lidded container.
- Freeze until firm, 8 hours to overnight.